October 16, 2009

Pump Up the Volume

Seriously, do it. You will want to hear this.

Welcome to the world of Viva and Jerry's Country Music Videos.

I think it's best to jump in. It's really only necessary to watch the first few minutes of this. Yoda is involved in this one, so naturally you will never. Be. The. Same. Again.



Yeah. That has been on TV.

I stumbled upon Viva and Jerry earlier tonight while they were doing what I *think* they refer to as the comedy portion. At the end of each show (at least of the ones that I've found) V&J stand behind a table with lots of random products and tell you how great! They? Are!

It's always a little awkward, usually they don't really know how half the stuff works, but it is (perhaps unintentionally) consistently hilarious. The one I saw LIVE (not really) was all about Halloween. I twittered (because OF COURSE I did) that I was pretty sure Viva thought a bowl that has one of those hands that clamps down and makes noise was powered by magic.

And I stand by that tweet.

My favorite quote so far comes at the very beginning of this episode, when Viva makes one of the most entertaining reading mistakes I've heard in a loooooong time.

Thus sayeth Viva:
"This fabulous piece of work...art."

Oh Viva, you card.

I know I'm kind of making fun of V&J, but to be honest, I think their show is great. Because, well, why SHOULDN'T an old dude dress up like Yoda for no other reason than for laughs? Why shouldn't the staff mess with the green screen all the time? When aren't sexual innuendos by old people funny? (Aside from whenever it's your own grandparents, of course)

It's fun and silly and it reminds me of a vlogbrothers' video, that reminds us that it's AWESOME to marvel and be excited at the miracle of other people's creativity. While making fun of people for feeling this way is easy and accepted by just about everyone, because they have this very belief, it doesn't change the awesomeness or the excitement.

So never stop making videos, V&J. I'll definitely be watching.

No comments: