April 9, 2008

Consider Yourself Warned

This entry will be completely devoted to ranting about Dancing With the Stars.
Seriously, I'm not kidding.


I look forward to DWTS every week. Especially until real episodes of my faves return (The Office and 30 Rock tomorrow!!!!) It's something to look forward to.

This week, however, I was not thrilled.


Kristi & Mark :
Amazing, as usual. Not that surprised that Len didn't give them a 10, but I don't know if I quite buy the whole "not being emotionally into it" thing he's always spouting off. I'm a fan of Kristi either way so, yeah.

Priscilla & whoever her partner is :
Not a big fan of Priscilla. She's had waaaaay too much stuff done to her face. Any emotion coming from her direction whatsoever, let alone getting into "character", is a small miracle, but I will admit she's very graceful. She did a good job, and I thought it was good that Len and Carrie Ann docked points because of her illegal lift. Still, I thought her score was a bit low.

Which brings us to....

Mr. Adam Corolla and his partner who is the same age as me. (yeah.) :
Unicycle. That is all I have to say.

Marlee and Fabian: Marlee Matlin is probably my favorite person on this show, (besides Tom Burgeron, of course) so I will always be rooting for her. She did a great job, had some amazingly difficult steps and did them very well, especially with her balance problems. Judges? Carrie Ann was crying. I was expecting at least all 9's if not a 10 from CA who could barely say anything. She got a 24. Straight eights. WHAT THE HELL?!?! Ok, I'm not surprised about Len, but Bruno is Bruno and was wearing a sparkly suit so I expected a higher score, oh and did I mention that CA was CRYING????


Thus begins the hypocrisy of the judges.

And the wrath of Klue.


Frankly I don't care about Mario and Karina so I will say nothing.

Now, (the crapfest that is) Jason Taylor and Edyta:
Until this week I liked Jason Taylor. I daresay he was one of my favorites of the guys. No more, my friends, no more. The dance was ok, not as good as last week's, but HE TRIPPED AT THE END. While he, and more evidently, his partner recovered quite well, he still tripped. I truly believed, since they punished Priscilla for an illegal lift, at least Len and CA would dock him a point.

No. They decided to suck at their jobs and slobber over him and his stupid bald head.
CA said she forgave him for his little trip which is COMPLETELY UNFAIR since he did, in fact, trip, which is NOT A GOOD THING, DAMMIT.

He got a 29 and tied Kristi.
I am still bitter (just in case you, gentle reader, couldn't tell).


Cristian and Cheryl:
I liked their dance. Christian got really into it and it was a good paso doble with good music and choreography. Oh yeah, and Christian DIDN'T TRIP. They didn't get as good of a score as THE STUPID POSER WHO GOT AN INFLATED SCORE (see above) EVEN THOUGH THEY DESERVED AT LEAST ONE 10.

From then on I was just in a bad mood. Shannon did fine, even with Derek's neck drama and Marissa looked weird and kinda scary in her makeup and costume so nothing new there.

Adam got the encore on Tuesday, which I think is going to become the foreshadowing for the elimination every week since the Gute got it last week. Sheryl Crow sang a song which I'm still recovering from by listening to good music.

Anyway...

Goodbye Adam. I know I speak for America when I say that we will miss you and your borderline offensive and always politically incorrect jokes.

3 comments:

doshtate said...

will you please do a recap every week? This totally made my day (that, and my corner office in NYC I am currently enjoying to the fullest)

:-)

Klue said...

I think I will do this every week. Just for you, doshtate.

Also I'm contemplating putting a picture of my thumb every week as it is truly amazing right now.

doshtate said...

your thumb is still messed up? that's pretty much disgusting. and yet I want to see it...